May 11 2020 - Purolator has been working rigorously with Alberta Health Services (AHS) to test employees in our Calgary terminal for COVID-19 and increase protection measures since an outbreak was declared last week. AHS accepted our request to offer testing to all employees at the facility to ensure we understood the scope of the outbreak and were able to control it swiftly.
As of Monday, May 11, more than 300 employees have tested negative for COVID-19, 59 employees have tested positive and 3 employees have recovered and returned to work. All employees who have tested positive have been off work and self-isolating. In collaboration with AHS, we have completed thorough contract tracing to make sure anyone who may have come in contact with a positive case has been notified to self-isolate. These numbers may continue to change as the few remaining test results come back from AHS. We are confident that any spread has been contained and that our operation remains safe for employees and customers.
AHS has visited our terminal on multiple occasions and guided our approach. They have confirmed that we are taking the appropriate, stringent measures to protect our people and keep our facility safe. This includes:
- Thorough contact tracing
- Deep cleaning the terminal and sanitizing vehicles regularly
- Implementing best practices for physical distancing
- Ensuring that anyone who feels sick stays home
- Providing all employees with hand sanitizer and personal protective equipment, including gloves and masks
- Staff and visitors must wear a mask at all times while in the facility
- Complete health screening and temperature checks for all employees and visitors entering the facility
- Putting in place contactless delivery methods across network
We will continue to work in partnership with AHS to protect the wellbeing of our employees and operations. This is our top priority.