March 20, 2020 - Global unity to stop the spread of COVID-19 has been unprecedented. But uncertainty continues to weigh on people and businesses everywhere. We’re here to help. We firmly believe we have a duty, now more than ever, to act as a critical supply chain partner and help everyone who relies on our service to stay safe and get through this unsettling situation.
Here’s what we’re doing and how we’re doing it:
- Our 12,000 employees are on the frontline delivering vital supplies to healthcare facilities and much-needed packages for businesses, every day.
- We’re following all advice from the Public Health Agency of Canada, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and medical experts to guide our COVID-19 response and protect our people, customers and the communities we serve.
- We’ve put in place advanced sanitation practices and increased the frequency of sanitizing all facilities.
- We’re conducting “contactless deliveries” through our retail store and courier networks.
- To further protect people who are shipping packages, we’re encouraging them to schedule shipments online and use Purolator’s digital shipping options.
- We have detailed volume forecasts from every sector, and we’re working tirelessly with our customers to help them plan.
Purolator has a sixty-year history in Canada, helping businesses navigate difficult times. During this crisis, we’re bringing those six decades of leadership and experience to serve you and our country. Our trucks are moving. Goods are flowing. And our employees are determined to deliver. We are committed to helping everyone stay strong.
President and CEO