TORONTO, Dec. 11, 2018 – Purolator expects to deliver over 20 million parcels this holiday season. To make sure consumers send and receive their gifts and parcels by Dec. 24, 2018, Purolator is asking customers to send their packages as soon as possible and follow these important “send-by” dates and shipping tips.
2018 holiday send-by dates schedule (for delivery by Dec. 24, 2018)
|Canada, next-day delivery (where available)||Dec. 20|
|United States, next-day delivery (where available)||Dec. 20|
|United States via Purolator Ground||Dec.13|
|Mexico, Caribbean, South and Central America||Dec.18|
|Western Europe (including the United Kingdom, France and Germany)||Dec.18|
|East Asia (including China, Japan and Thailand)||Dec.17|
|Other international destinations (e.g., Eastern Europe, Africa, South Asia and the Middle East)||Dec.11|
Holiday shipping tips
- Place gifts in the centre of the box or carton, ensuring all items fit well and don't protrude.
- Wrap all items with protective packaging. Use at least three inches thick for fragile items.
- Be sure to fill in hollow spaces with bubble wrap and use cardboard inserts to protect edges for gifts such as books and picture frames.
- Avoid using wrapping paper to ship a gift as it can get damaged during the delivery cycle. Instead, try durable bubble wrap and boxes available at your local Purolator Shipping Centre.
- Affix appropriate labels when required: heavy weight, glass and liquid.
- Avoid using previously used boxes, which can lose their strength over time.
- Avoid using glue, masking tape, cellophane tape or opaque tape to seal boxes. We recommend you use plastic, pressure-sensitive packing tape to seal your shipments.
- Never tie a package with string, rope or elastic bands. These items may get caught in processing equipment or torn off, damaging the package.
- Affix clearly visible shipping and receiving addresses with postal codes on each package in your shipment.
- Retain your Package Identification Number for easy tracking of your package. Visit www.purolator.com to track your package.
- To schedule a pickup or find out where to drop off your packages, visit www.purolator.com.
- If you require any assistance remember we are just a phone call (1 888 SHIP-123), email ([email protected]) or online chat (www.purolator.com) away!
Purolator Inc. is a leading integrated freight, package and logistics solutions provider in Canada. Celebrating over 55 years of delivering its customers’ promises, Purolator continues to expand its reach and renowned service levels and reliability to more people, more businesses and more places across the country and around the world. Purolator is proud of its Canadian heritage and is focused on sustainably positioning itself for future growth and success. Purolator is also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities it serves and where more than 10,000 of its employees live, work and play. For more information, visit purolator.com.
Courtney Reistetter Manager,
905 712-1084 ext. 23851