2017 send-by dates ensure holiday packages arrive on time
TORONTO, Dec. 4, 2017 – Purolator has released its holiday shipping schedule for packages to arrive in domestic, U.S. and international destinations by Dec. 24, 2017.The company’s send-by dates schedule and shipping tips will get packages safely to their destination and on time.
“At Purolator, we are delivering on holiday promises – not just in Canada but around the world – by helping people send holiday packages to their friends, clients and loved ones safely and on time,” said Roger Alouche, Senior Director, Operations at Purolator. “Whether our customers are sending a business order to a client in a neighbouring town or getting a gift to a family member across the ocean, we are here to make the holiday shipping process as stress-free as possible.”
Use these send-by dates and shipping tips as a guide to ensure your packages arrive safely by Dec. 25:
Send-by dates schedule
|Destination||Send-by dates for arrival by Dec. 24|
|Canada, next-day delivery (where available)||Thurs., Dec.21|
|United States, next-day delivery (where available)||Thurs., Dec.21|
|United States, via ground delivery||Wed., Dec.13|
|Mexico, Caribbean, South and Central America||Mon., Dec.18|
|Western Europe, including the United Kingdom, France and Germany||Mon., Dec.18|
|East Asia, including China, Japan and Thailand||Fri., Dec.15|
|Other international destinations (for example, Eastern Europe, Africa, South Asia and the Middle East)||Mon., Dec.11|
- Avoid using wrapping paper to ship a gift as it can get damaged during the delivery cycle. Instead, try durable bubble wrap and boxes available at your local Purolator Shipping Centre.
- Place gifts in the centre of the box or carton, and add cushioning if necessary, ensuring all items fit well and don't protrude.
- Avoid using glue, masking tape, cellophane tape or opaque tape to seal boxes. We recommend you use plastic, pressure-sensitive packing tape to seal your shipments.
- Never tie a package with string, rope or elastic bands. These items may get caught in processing equipment or torn off, damaging the package.
- Affix appropriate labels when required: heavy weight, glass and liquid.
- Avoid using previously used boxes, which can lose their strength over time.
- Affix clearly visible shipping and receiving addresses with postal codes on each package in your shipment.
- Retain your Package Identification Number (PIN) for easy tracking of your package. Visit us at www.purolator.com to track your package.
- To schedule a pick-up or find out where to drop off your packages visit www.purolator.com.
- If you require any assistance, we are just a phone call (1 888 SHIP-123), email ([email protected]) or online chat (www.purolator.com) away!
Purolator Inc. is a leading integrated freight, package and logistics solutions provider in Canada. Celebrating over 50 years of delivering its customers’ promises, Purolator continues to expand its reach and renowned service levels and reliability to more people, more businesses and more places across the country and around the world. Purolator is proud of its Canadian heritage and is focused on sustainably positioning itself for future growth and success. Purolator is also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities it serves and where more than 10,000 of its employees live, work and play. For more information, visit purolator.com.
Manager, Corporate Communications
905 712-1084 ext. 23851