Follow these steps to find a tracking number for a previously created shipment:
• Login and go to 'My Account'
• Click on 'Shipments'
• When the 'View Shipment Activity' page is viewed, leave all the fields blank, except for 'Date Range'
• Select the desired date range
• Click on 'Search'
Yes, you can request to receive exception notifications and delivery notifications via e-mail by signing up to our E-mail Notifications feature on the Tracking page. You can also sign up for e-mail notifications when creating a shipment online, or when using Purolator E-Ship Server (ESS), or Purolator E-Ship (EDI).
When tracking your shipment, the Tracking Details page will indicate the estimated date of delivery. The arrival time of your package will depend on the service selected by the shipper. To see a list of our suite of services and their delivery timeframes, visit our Shipping Services page.
The tracking information is updated every time your shipment goes through a Purolator facility. It can happen that you do not have tracking information for several days if the next stop is more than a day away. Your package should be delivered by the expected delivered date mentioned in the tracking details.
If your shipment is scanned “Delayed due to missed delivery”, it means that our driver was unable to make a delivery attempt. It can be due to an on-road emergency such as illness or accident. It can also be because the driver, unfortunately, did not have time to complete all his deliveries.
If your package is scanned bad address, please contact us via Chat or visit our Contact Us page. We will be able to make the necessary corrections and ensure your shipment is delivered as soon as possible.
For a residential delivery, a notice of delivery will be left advising where the shipment is being held for pickup. Your shipment will be held at our shipping location for a maximum of 5 business days. Some exceptions may apply.
For alternate arrangements, please contact us via Chat or through our Contact Us page. Additional charges may apply.
To protect customer privacy, authentication is required to view a shipment's Proof of Delivery (POD). While basic shipment information can be viewed by anyone who enters the shipment's Tracking Number/PIN, the POD contains private recipient information, such as the pickup and delivery address, and delivery signature.
To view the POD, the following information must be provided:
- • Canadian shipments require one of the following: origin postal code, destination postal code or the bill to account number
- • U.S. shipments require one of the following: origin postal code, destination zip code or the bill to account number
- • International shipments require one of the following: origin postal code, destination country or the bill to account number
Please note: Shipments using a manual bill of lading will require additional processing time before the POD is available.
Proactive Notification is a feature that improves shipment visibility by sending proactive e-mail notifications, which include 'Exceptions' and 'Delivery'.
This feature is available to all customers who ship online.
This feature is also available to all customer using Purolator E-Ship® Server (ESS).
This feature can be accessed by using your login information when shipping online or using Purolator E-Ship Server (ESS).
- To send and receive e-mail notifications on individual shipments, enter your contact(s) e-mail addresses in the “Notification” section/tab while creating a shipment.
- Select which notifications you would like to send or receive by adding your contact(s) e-mail addresses and clicking the applicable checkboxes.
- Proactive notifications can also be set as the default for all shipments by changing your settings within your account.
Proactive e-mail notifications contain the sender name, recipient name (if provided), reason for the e-mail, the shipment/delivery status, and the new estimated delivery day/time (if applicable). Learn how to manage e-mail notifications here.
- Exceptions: a notification that is sent to let the user and contact(s) know that a shipment is unlikely to make its scheduled delivery time. The notification will explain the reason for the delay and what action, if any, is required to complete the delivery.
- Delivery: notifications that are sent to let the user and contact(s) know the status of the delivery including Proof of Pickup, Out for Delivery, and Delivered.
Once you start shipping using the Proactive Notification feature, the system will automatically notify the recipients you entered via e-mail of any exceptions or delays and deliveries, based on your selection.
No. Users will only receive e-mail notifications when the estimated delivery time/day changes. For instance, if two changes to a shipment’s status occur on the same day, a second e-mail notification will only be sent if the second status change results in a delay over and above the first status change.
Customers can unsubscribe from receiving notification e-mails (for a specific shipment only) by clicking on the 'Unsubscribe' link at the bottom of the e-mail.
A Customer Service Professional, that can be reached at 1 888 SHIP-123, can also unsubscribe customers for an existing shipment only.
Purolator has no control over who can add you to notification e-mails. If you receive e-mail notifications on a regular basis, you must contact the creator of the shipment directly and ask to be removed as a contact. At the top of the notification e-mail you will find the identity of the shipment creator. The creator of the shipment will need to update their default e-mail settings of the Proactive Notification feature in the settings section within their account.
Your shipment will be held at our shipping location for a maximum of 5 business days. Some exceptions may apply.
We offer Signature Not Required (SNR) services within Canada that authorize drop offs without a signature. We offer a Single Shipment Use form
to make it easy for you to authorize a one-time SNR delivery and a Multiple Shipment Use form to authorize all shipments to be delivered by Purolator without a signature, whether you're the sender or the receiver.
For addresses identified by Purolator as residential, the driver has the authority to automatically leave the shipment without a signature if the location is reasonably determined to be safe and secure. Purolator also offers all shippers the service option to request a package be left without a signature. Learn more about our Signature Not Required service.