On behalf of Purolator, we would like to thank you for your continued business and advise you of upcoming investments and changes to the rates and other surcharges set out in your agreement.
Recently, Purolator announced its plan to invest more than $1 billion through a five-year delivering the future growth and innovation strategy, the most ambitious in our company’s history. Some of the highlights of our investment that will benefit you include:
- A new $330 million, 430,000-sq-ft national “super hub.” The facility will triple capacity and provide world-class automation to help more customers get even more packages to their destinations quickly, safely and reliably.
- A multi-million dollar investment plan in our national terminal infrastructure, which will add hundreds of new delivery routes to our network.
- The introduction of Purolator QuickShip™, a time-guaranteed service that gives e-retailers the ability to reach their customers seven days a week with same-day or next-day delivery by 9 p.m. in four of Canada’s largest urban areas – the Greater Toronto Area, Montreal, Ottawa and Vancouver.
- New digital tools that provide greater customer visibility, flexibility and control throughout the delivery process. This includes a series of SMS/text messages that have customer-friendly language, a digital doorknocker and in our next phase, an online Purolator Concierge that will allow receivers to set delivery preferences and authorize Purolator to leave packages without a signature (Remote Signature feature).
- An enhanced national consumer access strategy that includes upgrading high-traffic retail stores in large urban centres, expanding our Mobile Quick Stop service – which acts as retail outlets on wheels – and piloting new last-mile pick-up and delivery options for consumers offering more flexibility and choice.
Purolator has also made the decision to change the timing of its annual rate adjustment to September 2019. This is being done in lieu of January 2020. These rate changes enable us to adapt to market conditions, while continuing to serve you better by improving our services, network infrastructure and customer experience.
The rate change will affect customers differently depending on their shipping profile.
Our new Rate and Zone Guides will be available Sept. 1, 2019.
*Standard annual rate increase not applicable to customers with negotiated agreements with Purolator.