Purolator continues to experience unprecedented demand for our transportation services causing a surge in residential deliveries and special handling services. As such, we continue to make investments and operational adjustments across our network – including delivering residential shipments throughout weekends – to effectively service our customers.
We are working to process all volume as quickly as possible, while prioritizing critical healthcare and Purolator Express® shipments. Additionally, throughout this period of exceptionally high shipping volume, we are experiencing the follow service impacts:
- All shipments will experience a delay of one to three days (inclusive of weekends).
- Shipments that require our Special Handling service will experience delays of four to seven days (inclusive of weekends).
- Earlier cut-off times for shipment pick-up requests may be implemented daily for various regions across the country.
- Shipments destined to businesses closed as a result of government COVID-19 prevention measures will be returned to shippers or held for pickup, depending on location. All shipments will be scanned as “Receiver unavailable - Temporary closure for pandemic” when customers track shipments online. Please track online for the status of your specific shipment.
- On-time delivery guarantees for all Purolator Express® services (i.e., Canadian and U.S. and international services) are temporarily suspended (effective, May 7, 2020).
Please use our online tools on the home page of purolator.com to Ship Now, Track a Shipment, Pay a Bill, Get an Estimate and Chat with our virtual assistant. The virtual assistant can also action requests like address corrections and shipment redirects and redeliveries. These tools can do the same functions our customer care representatives are able to do over the phone – 24 hours a day, seven days a week
Updated: Jan. 11, 2021