Purolator QuickShip™ allows retailers to fulfil orders within 24 hours every day of the week
VANCOUVER, JULY 11, 2019 – Purolator is transforming e-commerce delivery in Canada with the launch of Purolator QuickShip™, the country’s first service that gives businesses the opportunity to deliver products to consumers seven-days-a-week with same-day or next-day delivery.
“In the next five years, we anticipate that 50 per cent of the delivery market in Canada will be direct-to-home, with consumers expecting quick and reliable deliveries at times that are convenient for them, like evenings and weekends,” said John Ferguson, President and CEO, Purolator. “We’re listening and we’re acting. QuickShip is the first and only service available in Canada that provides businesses the ability to fulfil online orders the same day or next day with a guaranteed delivery time. It’s a premium service that gives our customers a completely new delivery option to meet consumers’ growing needs for choice, convenience and flexibility.”
Available in four of Canada’s largest metropolitan areas – Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Montreal, Ottawa and Vancouver – QuickShip is an addition to Purolator’s largest selection of guaranteed, time-definite shipping options, allowing customers to choose the speed of service they need and ensure consumers receive their packages by the day and time they expect.
Purolator QuickShip is part of the company’s five-year $1B delivering the future growth and innovation investment plan, which is focused on accelerating customers’ digital experiences and driving growth for businesses of all sizes.
E-commerce fast facts | Consumers’ online shopping habits in Canada:
- Eighty-six per cent of Canadian adults shop online.
- The vast majority of online shoppers (68 per cent) shop in the evening, especially between 7 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- There isn’t a typical day of the week to shop, with 74 per cent indicating they shop any day.
- Two-thirds of online shoppers (67 per cent) are “somewhat satisfied” with the time it takes to receive their packages as compared to 20 per cent who are “extremely satisfied.”
- “Speed of delivery” – ranked #2 behind “product availability” – was cited by retailers as a top consideration for their online customers.
- Seventy-one per cent of retailers agree that creating smarter and more efficient shipping practices will contribute to a better experience for their customers.
Source: 2018 Purolator Annual Holiday Survey
Purolator Inc. is Canada’s leading integrated freight, package and logistics solutions provider. Celebrating almost 60 years of delivering its customers’ promises, Purolator continues to expand its reach and renowned service levels and reliability to more people, more businesses and more places across the country and around the world. Purolator is proud of its Canadian heritage and is focused on sustainably positioning itself for future growth and success. Purolator is also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities it serves and where more than 12,000 of its employees live, work and play.
For further information or to arrange an interview, please contact:
Corporate Communications Strategist, Operations and Marketing